- Standard controller in apex, inherits all the standard object properties and standard button functionality directly.
- It contain the same functionality and logic that are used for standard Salesforce pages.
- It Can be used with standard objects and custom objects.
- It can be extended to implement custom functionality using
- It provides a save method to allow you to persist changes.
- You’d use this when you have a singe object to manipulate.
- It is an Apex class that implements all of the logic for a page without leveraging a standard controller.
- Custom Controllers are associated with Visualforce pages through the controller attribute.
- Custom controller defines its own functionality.
- Use custom controllers when you want your Visualforce page to run entirely in system mode, which does not enforce the permissions and field-level security of the current user.
- You’d use this when your page isn’t dealing with a main object.