- If you wanted to query ‘accountId, account.name’ fields in a query just specify ‘account.name’ which will retrieve ‘accountId’ automatically.
- SOQL query can be ORDER BY 32 fields.
- SOQL/SOSL statements cannot exceed 10,000 characters.
- SOQL query can’t run more than 120 seconds.
- For best performance, SOQL queries must be selective, particularly for queries inside of triggers. To avoid long execution times, non-selective SOQL queries may be terminated by the system. Developers will receive an error message when a non-selective query in a trigger executes against an object that contains more than 100,000 records. To avoid this error, ensure that the query is selective.
- The maximum number of records that an event report returns for a user who is not a system administrator is 20000; for system administrators is 100000.
- Inbound Email Services: Maximum Number of Email Messages Processed (Includes limit for On-Demand Email-to-Case) is number of user licenses multiplied by 1000, up to a daily maximum of 1,000,000.
- Inbound Email Services: Maximum Size of Email Message (Body and Attachments) is 10 MB.
- Apex Limit: Maximum number of characters for a class is 1 million.
- Apex Limit: Maximum number of characters for a trigger is 1 million.
- Apex Limit: Maximum amount of code used by all Apex code in an organization1 is 3 MB.
- Apex Limit: Default timeout of callouts (HTTP requests or Web services calls) in a transaction is 10 seconds.
- Apex Limit: Maximum size of callout request or response (HTTP request or Web services call) is 3 MB.
- Apex Limit: Maximum SOQL query run time before the transaction can be canceled by Salesforce is 120 seconds.
- Apex Limit: Maximum number of class and trigger code units in a deployment of Apex is 5,000.
- Apex Limit: For loop list batch size is 200.
Salesforce Tips & Tricks
Biswajeet May 20, 2014 No Comments on Salesforce Tips & Tricks